Positive discipline for teenagers disrespect

7:38 PM
Positive discipline for teenagers disrespect -

What causes lack of respect in teenagers?

The lack of adolescents than show these days is certainly not a secret. Today, I found myself thinking about what some of the causes could be and I have identified three things that I believe contribute strongly to the lack of respect are found in adolescents.

The changes of government and society

rules in their homes There was a time, not long ago, when most parents applied through various methods including physical punishment.

These physical punishments, more often spanked, were actually very effective positive discipline for teenagers. They may not look so good, but they were because the tub was the final line. Brought real consequences to the actions of a child.

For example, when I was growing up, if I did something I should not do it myself I would find the ground for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

Often, I would be physically punished. I'm not talking about being slapped around or any such nonsense. I'm talking about a good ole children. Often those were administered with a belt.

It was not just me. It was quite common for a child to be spanked back when I was little.

The result? We learned when we did not want to get a whupping we need to follow the rules.

The times have certainly changed. Some of the people who make the laws in this country decided that a parent disciplining their child by means of a bath was child abuse.

These days every parent who spanks their child can have child abuse charges filed against them and find their state government interfere with their family life.

I think this is one of the biggest teenagers reasons did a lack of respect today. Because without the backup of a real effective punishment there is no real motivation for a child to change their behavior.

Parents today often have their children up in my face screaming at their parents. What is the parent going to do? Well, when it comes down to it you really can not do anything.

Sure you can tell the child to stop or else ... but what is or something? The parent can feel the ground from the television or computer. They can take away their cell phone. You can tell their disobedient child he / she are not leaving the house for a week.

All this sounds good. It should be effective, right? So ... what happens when the child thinks "to hell with that!" and watch television and get on the computer anyway? What if you sneak in and bring their phone? And if you sneak out of the house or simply walk out right in front of their parents?

Although this might seem extreme enough for kids to do, believe me, it happens and is happening all over the United States every day. Talk to your friends. Watch the news. Search the Internet for a short time and you will discover what a huge problem this has become.

The bottom line is no real "instrument" in their toolbox of parents no longer have any real power to enforce the rules and make their children behave.

Everyone has to earn respect ... even you!

Recently, I read an article that talked about how teachers are seeing an alarming trend in recent years.

Students expect everyone else to earn their respect. Teenagers make their teachers earn their respect. Until the teacher earns the respect the student can not get to them simply because of the position of teachers.

The same is true for their parents and other teenagers. They do not respect the people to be older. They do not respect the people for things they have accomplished. They do not respect their parents to provide for them and take them to the world in the first place.

I talked to many teenagers, trying to understand. The things that I was told are "what others have done has nothing to do with me" and "Why do adults always brag about what they have done, you are a pat on the back and wants us to kiss your butt? "

The only explanation I have for this behavior is the teenagers may have learned this from a role model.

A model Disrespectful Role

If a child has grown up around a parent or other adult model role, which often speaks and acts without respect the child get on this.

For example, if a parent is always complaining about their work, and, in particular, complain about their boss or other people with whom they work ... to think about what kind of message this sends to children.

First, the child may begin to lose respect for their parents. They may think "Wow, (mother or father) has to be a real pushover if they have so many problems in the workplace." They can also support their parents fully and think "I'll never let some idiot ruin my life like that. I do not even give them the chance to!"

Neither of these views is a healthy way for a child to see the world and other people. In such circumstances, it is understandable that the child may develop an aggressive personalities causing them to defy authorities. After all they've seen what these people have done to the lives of their parents. They listened to their parents complain for years. The child may simply be doing everything possible to make sure they will not be treated the same as their parent was.

I'm not laying the blame solely on parents. Believe me, I understand this may not be the whole reason behind teenagers disrespect.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar